Dem Rep. Accused Of Sexual Harassment Announces He Won’t Seek Re-Election

Rep. Ruben Kihuen of Nevada has announced that he won’t seek re-election due to sexual harassment claims against him. Just last week he claimed that Nancy Pelosi and other Democrat leaders knew about the allegations against him last year. What changed?

FOX News reports:

Dem Rep. Kihuen won’t seek re-election amid sexual harassment claims

Rep. Ruben Kihuen, D-Nev., announced Saturday that he would not seek re-election in the wake of multiple sexual harassment allegations against him.

“I want to state clearly again that I deny the allegations in question,” Kihuen said in a statement. “However,” the freshman congressman added that “the allegations that have surfaced would be a distraction from a fair and thorough discussion of the issues in a reelection campaign.”

“Therefore,” Kihuen went on, “it is in the best interests of my family and my constituents to complete my term in Congress and not seek re-election.”

The announcement by Kihuen, 37, came one day after the House Ethics Committee announced it had opened an investigation into the harassment claims against him.

Earlier this month, a former campaign aide accused Kihuen of propositioning her for dates and sex despite her repeated rejections during his 2016 campaign. This week, a lobbyist told the Nevada Independent that he touched her thighs and buttocks and made unwanted sexual advances while he was a state senator.

It’s amazing how many people are losing their careers over these accusations. When does this end?

To Top