President-Elect Donald Trump isn’t even president yet and he’s already bringing jobs back to the country.
In his latest move for American workers, Trump helped shore up thousands of new jobs that were set to be shipped off to Mexico.
- Ford announced a $700 million investment and 700 new jobs in Michigan
- Cancelled plans to build a $1.6 billion plant in Mexico for production of the Ford Focus – it will built next generation of the vehicle at an existing Mexican factory
- Ford CEO Mark Fields said at a news conference that the ‘pro-growth’ polices of President-elect Donald Trump are encouraging
- Trump had threatened General Motors with a ‘big border tax’ earlier in the morning if it continued to make a version of its Chevy Cruze in Mexico
- He hit Ford on the campaign trail for its plans to build more cars in Mexico and said he’d slap the company with a 35 percent tariff
- GMS says it builds the sedans it sells in the the US in Ohio; the Chevy Cruze model that is manufactured in Mexico is primarily sold in foreign markets
That’s what a President is supposed to do! Put American workers FIRST!