There certainly have been a lot of changes at FOX over the last year, and they all seem to have some connection to sexual harassment scandals that have plagued the network.
Could it be true that the network’s main attraction is on his way out?
Has he been the target of a smear campaign?
Independent Journal Review reports:
Matt Drudge, the head of the news website The Drudge Report, just sent a message on Twitter that implies he thinks that 20 year Fox News veteran, Bill O’Reilly, may get his anchor chair pulled out from under him.
Here’s the Drudge tweet suggesting O’Reilly might already be out:
O'Reilly has had tremendous run. Very few in the business get to decide when and how things end. Media is most brutal of all industries…
— MATT DRUDGE (@DRUDGE) April 18, 2017
… New York Magazine reported Tuesday that Rupert Murdoch’s sons, who run the network, believe O’Reilly should be out:
“Three sources with knowledge of the discussions said that, while no final decision has been made, the Murdochs are leaning toward announcing that O’Reilly will not return to the air. Sons James and Lachlan have been arguing that O’Reilly needs to go, say these sources, though their father, Rupert, has resisted that outcome.”
This is what O’Reilly has to say about the issue.
O’Reilly told The Hollywood Reporter, through an attorney, that this is just another attempt to smear him:
An attorney for Bill O’Reilly, Marc E. Kasowitz, responded to THR with a statement that read: “It is outrageous that an allegation from an anonymous person about something that purportedly happened a decade ago is being treated as fact, especially when there is an obviously orchestrated campaign by activists and lawyers to destroy Mr. O’Reilly and enrich themselves through publicity driven donations.”