William Shatner is sure to have some new fans after recent comments he made showing respect for America and President Trump…
Iconic Star Trek actor William Shanter refused to bad-mouth President Donald Trump in a recent interview with the Daily Beast about his new book, Spirit of the Horse.
Speaking with the outlet in an interview published Monday, Shatner made it clear that he did not add his name to an open letter last year denouncing Trump’s candidacy.
“I didn’t do that. I would never have done that,” the actor said of the anti-Trump letter posted on the Trek Against Trump Facebook page last September.
Notable personalities like original series star George Takei, who played Hikaru Sulu, and Star Trek Into Darkness director J.J. Abrams, an outspoken Clinton supporter, also signed the letter.
As the Beast reporter attempted, again, to get Shatner to dish on Trump, the actor made it clear that he wasn’t willing to pan the president.
“I don’t want to discuss Trump or [George] Takei,” Shatner said, adding: “Listen, I’m Canadian and I’m apolitical. I love America. I consider myself a guest here.”
“I won’t do anything that might get me deported,” the 86-year-old star joked.
Hopefully, all the elitist celebrities in Hollywood take notice!