Hillary’s running mate Tim Kaine doesn’t seem to know very much about the Clinton Foundation or the way it works. In a recent interview, he stated a blatant falsehood about what kinds of donations it does and doesn’t take.
The Washington Free Beacon reports:
Kaine Falsely Claims Clinton Foundation Not Currently Accepting Foreign, Corporate Donations
Democratic vice presidential nominee Sen. Tim Kaine (D., Va.) falsely claimed in an interview posted Tuesday that the Clinton Foundation was no longer accepting foreign and corporate donations “as of now.”
Former President Bill Clinton announced the foundation would only stop accepting such donations if and when his wife Hillary is elected president, however. The Clinton Foundation has come under scrutiny for accusations that its donors were given access to Hillary Clinton’s State Department, as evidenced by emails showing favors and meetings being set up on behalf of high-dollar givers.
Kaine, however, told News Channel 5 in Cleveland, Ohio, that the donations had already ceased.
“President Clinton will step aside from his connection to the foundation,” Kaine said. “So she’s taking one step forward right now, the foundation is, taking one step forward right now by saying there’s no corporations, no foreign-connected contributions, we’re not taking them right now. And then if we are successful and are elected, President Clinton will sever the tie with the foundation that he created.”
As noted by National Review, Bill Clinton himself wrote that such donations would stop only if his wife became president:
If she is elected, we will immediately implement the following changes: The Foundation will accept contributions only from U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and U.S.-based independent foundations, whose names we will continue to make public on a quarterly basis. And we will change the official name from the Bill, Hillary & Chelsea Clinton Foundation to the Clinton Foundation.
Watch the video:
Sorry Tim, that’s wrong.
Maybe he should open a newspaper once in a while.