TWO MORE Women Come Forward To Accuse Al Franken Of Inappropriate Touching

Al Franken may not be a U.S. senator for much longer. Two more women have come forward to accuse him of inappropriately touching them. This brings the total number of accusers to four so far.

The Huffington Post reports:

Two More Women Accuse Sen. Al Franken Of Inappropriate Touching

Two more women have told HuffPost that Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) touched their butts in separate incidents. These are the third and fourth such allegations against Franken in the past week. Leeann Tweeden, a radio host, wrote last week that Franken had kissed and groped her without her consent during a 2006 USO tour. On Monday, Lindsay Menz accused Franken of groping her at the Minnesota State Fair in 2010.

The two additional women, who said they were not familiar with each others’ stories, both spoke on condition of anonymity. But their stories, which describe events during Franken’s first campaign for the Senate, are remarkably similar — and both women have been telling them privately for years.

In a statement to HuffPost, Franken said, “It’s difficult to respond to anonymous accusers, and I don’t remember those campaign events.”

The first woman, who spoke to HuffPost on condition of anonymity because she’s worried she’ll be harassed online for making the allegation, said Franken groped her when they posed for a photo after a June 25, 2007, event hosted by the Minnesota Women’s Political Caucus in Minneapolis.

It’s difficult to see how he keeps his position after this. Even if he refuses to resign, this stain on his record would follow him through the rest of his term.

To Top