Once again, a conservative has been banned from a social media site.
YouTube has announced that they have permanently banned conservative talk host Dan Bongino, supposedly for spreading misinformation about COVID, but that’s likely just an excuse for shutting down a voice they don’t like.
These bans always seem to go in only one direction, politically.
The Hill reports:
YouTube permanently bans Dan Bongino
YouTube on Wednesday permanently banned conservative commentator Dan Bongino from the platform, saying he attempted to evade a previous suspension.
The Fox host uploaded a video to his main channel while his secondary channel, which primarily hosted short clips from his digital radio show, was actively suspended for violating YouTube’s COVID-19 misinformation policy.
“When a channel receives a strike, it is against our Terms of Service to post content or use another channel to circumvent the suspension,” a YouTube spokesperson told The Hill.
Both of Bongino’s channels have been removed and he will not be able to create a new one in the future, the platform said.
The YouTube spokesperson confirmed that attempts to make new channels “associated with his name” will also be denied.
Bongino had announced in a video posted earlier this week that he was already planning on leaving YouTube, and the nearly 900,000 subscribers on his main channel, for good.
Dan Bongino already has another channel on the alternative video sharing site Rumble. In the video below, he responds to YouTube. Watch:
The leftists who run these companies are going to keep doing this, especially with the 2022 and 2024 elections coming up.
Now YouTube has permanently banned Dan Bongino — one of the most popular conservative stars around. Yet, the news media still pretend there’s no censorship of the right.
Conservatives better wake up. The press never will.
— Brent Bozell (@BrentBozell) January 26, 2022
We have a double standard on free speech in America now.
The protections don’t apply to conservatives.