Covington Catholic Student Nick Sandmann Reportedly Suing CNN For $250 Million

Nick Sandmann, the Covington Catholic High School teen who was smeared by the media earlier this year, is reportedly suing CNN for $250 million dollars. His lawyer appeared on the Mark Levin show to discuss the issue.

FOX News reports:

CNN to be sued for more than $250M over ‘vicious’ and ‘direct attacks’ on Covington High student: lawyer

CNN is likely to be hit with a massive lawsuit worth more than $250 million over alleged “vicious” and “direct attacks” on Covington Catholic High School student Nick Sandmann, his lawyer has told Fox News.

Trending: Reporter Tries To Play Gotcha With William Barr During Press Conference – Fails Spectacularly (VIDEO)

Lawyer L. Lin Wood discussed his decision to sue CNN for its reporting and coverage of his client during an interview that will air on Fox News Channel’s “Life, Liberty & Levin” on Sunday at 10 p.m. ET.

“CNN was probably more vicious in its direct attacks on Nicholas than The Washington Post. And CNN goes into millions of individuals’ homes,” Wood told Fox News host and best-selling author Mark Levin.

“They really went after Nicholas with the idea that he was part of a mob that was attacking the Black Hebrew Israelites, yelling racist slurs at the Black Hebrew Israelites. Totally false.

“Now you say you’ve seen the tape; if you took the time to look at the full context of what happened that day, Nicholas Sandmann did absolutely nothing wrong. He was, as I’ve said to others, he was the only adult in the room. But you have a situation where CNN couldn’t resist the idea that here’s a guy with a young boy, that Make America Great Again cap on. So they go after him.”

Here’s the video of Sandmann’s lawyer talking to Mark Levin:

The Hill has more on this:

Covington teenager planning to sue CNN for at least $250M, lawyer says

“They were after him,” he said. “They woke up on Saturday morning and started throwing punches. The CNN folks were online on Twitter at 7 a.m. retweeting the little one-minute propaganda piece that had been put out by @2020fight. We’ll find out who that person or entity was behind that eventually. But they’re out there right away going after this young boy. And they maintain it for at least two days.”

“Why didn’t they stop and just take an hour and look through the internet and find the truth and then report it?” Wood asked. “Maybe do that before you report the lies. They didn’t do it. They were vicious. It was false. CNN will be sued next week, and the dollar figure in the CNN case may be higher than it was [against] The Washington Post.”

The Hill has reached out to CNN for comment.

“I expect because of the way they went after Nicholas so viciously that the claim for his reputational damage will be higher than it was against The Washington Post. The Post was $50 million for the reputational damage, and we can discuss why that figure, $200 million in punitive damages. Punitive damages are designed to punish and to deter,” Wood told Levin.

This needs to happen. The media has to learn not to attack conservatives so viciously over politics. In this case, they went after a kid and they are going to pay dearly for it.

You Might Like

 

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please hover over that comment, click the ∨ icon, and mark it as spam. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.