Consumers are happier than ever under President Donald Trump!
Americans’ confidence continued to mount last week as the Bloomberg Consumer Comfort Index reached the highest point in a decade on more-upbeat assessments about the economy and buying climate, figures showed Thursday.
- Consumer comfort index rose to 50.6 in the period ended March 5, the highest since March 2007, from 49.8
- Measure has exceeded 50 just six times since April 2002
- Gauge of economy advanced to 48.2, the highest since August 2001, from 46.8
- Buying-climate measure rose to 44.5, the strongest reading since April 2002, from 43.7
- Index of personal finances was little changed at 58.9 versus 59
“President Trump’s economic agenda has ‘woken up the animal spirits’ in the U.S., according to J.P. Morgan Chase & Co (JPYYL) chairman and chief executive officer Jamie Dimon.
Dimon, a vocal supporter of Trump’s business agenda, told Bloomberg Television that the President’s plans ‘will be good for growth, good for jobs, good for Americans.’
He said he believed that the caliber of Trump’s economic advisors gives him confidence, and advised observers to ‘forget the tweets’ and instead focus on Trump’s policies to reduce corporate taxes, cut regulatory red tape and build new infrastructure.”
Keep going, Trump!
Don’t let the opposition get in your way!