North Korea has nukes and we can thanks Bill Clinton for that. For years, North Korea has been throwing its weight around on the national stage, threatening the U.S. and others.
It looks like our new Defense Secretary James Mattis is taking their most recent threats seriously.
NBC News reports:
Defense Sec. James Mattis: North Korea ‘Has Got to Be Stopped’
After years of North Korea thumbing its nose at the international community, on Friday Defense Secretary James Mattis appeared to signal enough was enough.
“Right now, [North Korea] appears to be going in a very reckless manner … and that has got to be stopped,” Mattis said at a press conference in London.
He didn’t give any details about how the administration of President Donald Trump plans to deal with the reclusive nation, which, under Kim Jong Un, has drastically increased its missile and nuclear-testing program.
But Mattis’ remarks continue a recent trend of Trump officials taking a harder line on North Korea.
Earlier this month, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said that the “diplomatic … efforts of the past 20 years to bring North Korea to a point of de-nuclearization have failed.”
He also said that military action was “on the table.”
One thing is for sure.
Mattis is the right guy for this job.