Kshama Sawant is a radical leftist who serves on the city council of Seattle. After the events of the summer of 2020, including the disastrous ‘CHOP’ zone, where leftists took over part of the city, the people of Seattle have had enough.
An effort was launched to remove Sawant from office.
The city council, which is made up of other leftists, just voted to fund her legal defense. How is that fair to the people?
Jason Rantz, who frequently appears on the Tucker Carlson show, reports at KTTH Radio:
Seattle City Council votes to cover Kshama Sawant’s legal defense
In a 7-1 vote on Tuesday, the Seattle City Council voted to pay for Councilmember Kshama Sawant’s legal defense against a recall effort.
Councilmember Debora Juarez was the lone no vote.
A group filed a petition on Aug. 18 to recall Councilmember Sawant.
The petition, submitted by Seattle resident Ernie Lou on behalf of the “Recall City of Seattle Councilmember Kshama Sawant Committee,” lays out a series of allegations, including:
– That Sawant misused council resources to promote a ballot initiative in early February
– That she violated City hiring rules by giving decision-making authority to Socialist Alternative
– That she revealed the address of Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan’s home to protesters who later marched to her home
– That she endangered City employees by admitting hundreds of protesters into City Hall after hours
– That she “created a criminal environment” in the East Precinct area of Capitol Hill that ultimately led to the creation of the CHOP
Sawnt has supported the unrest that is tearing the city apart.
— National Police Association (@NatPoliceAssoc) September 8, 2020
She should have to pay for her own defense.