The angry left is planning protests for Trump’s inauguration but they won’t be allowed anywhere near it. They’re pretty mad about that, too. Apparently, they’ve forgotten no one did this to Obama during his inauguration.
The Washington Examiner reports:
National Mall sites shut down for protests during inauguration
Protests scheduled to take place around President-elect Trump’s inauguration next month won’t have access to the Lincoln Memorial and other sites on the National Mall.
The Guardian reported the National Park Service has filed documents securing large swaths of the Mall for inauguration events, essentially shutting them off to protesters. While this is standard procedure for inaugurations, and would have happened if Hillary Clinton was elected instead, it has angered some who planned to protest Trump.
“It hasn’t come up in any way previously, where you’ve had a groundswell of people trying to have access on the Saturday, Jan. 21, and thousands of people want to come, and the government is saying we won’t give you a permit,” said Mara Verheyden-Hilliard, a constitutional rights litigator and the executive director of the Partnership for Civil Justice Fund.
A march on the Lincoln Memorial was scheduled to be held on Jan. 21, and hundreds of thousands of people said on Facebook they planned to attend. Organizers have said they will find a different location for the march.
Sorry liberals, you’ll have to find another location to throw your temper tantrum.
Join the conversation!
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please hover over that comment, click the ∨ icon, and mark it as spam. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.