Many Americans are going to turn to homeschooling this year.
Partly because many schools are not going to reopen, but also because people are beginning to see public schools as far left indoctrination centers.
Teacher unions are making their own problems worse by joining forces with the Democratic Socialists of America.
NBC News reports:
Educators join National Day of Resistance to fight for safe and equitable schools
Educators gathered Monday in demonstrations across the country addressing twin concerns of a safe and equitable school environment amid the COVID-19 pandemic and the nationwide reckoning around racial justice after the killing of George Floyd.
The demonstrations, held in dozens of cities, including Chicago, New York and Los Angeles, were part of the National Day of Resistance, organized by a coalition of teachers unions, social justice organizations and the Democratic Socialists of America. They took place in a combination of socially distant rallies and car caravans.
The demands these groups are making in order to reopen schools is as far left as you might imagine.
Breitbart News reports:
The unions and social justice groups created a list of “demands” they say must be met for them to return to in-school instruction:
– No reopening until the scientific data supports it
– Police-free schools
– All schools must be supported to function as community schools with adequate numbers of counselors and nurses and community/parent outreach workers
– Safe conditions including lower class size, PPE, cleaning, testing, and other key protocols
– Support for our communities and families including canceling rents and mortgages, a moratorium on evictions/foreclosures, providing direct cash assistance to those not able to work or who are unemployed, and other critical social needs
– Moratorium on new charter or voucher programs and standardized testing
– Massive infusion of federal money to support the reopening funded by taxing billionaires and Wall Street
– Equitable access to online learning
Parents can take back their power by simply refusing to send their kids to these schools.
The taxpayers are the ones with the real influence.