The memo that everyone has been talking about for weeks is finally out. It was released this afternoon. One of the things it confirms is that the phony anti-Trump dossier was used as justification to obtain FISA warrants.
This is a great point:
We now know how right @realDonaldTrump was to declassify the Memo. It shows FBI used a partisan campaign document to get a warrant to spy on a rival campaign. And shows the FBI omitted crucial information from a FISA court. No spin can change those basic facts.
— Kimberley Strassel (@KimStrassel) February 2, 2018
The Washington Examiner rounds up the key points:
– The Steele dossier formed an essential part of the initial and all three renewal FISA applications against Carter Page.
– Andrew McCabe confirmed that no FISA warrant would have been sought from the FISA Court without the Steele dossier information.
– The four FISA surveillance applications were signed by, in various combinations, James Comey, Andrew McCabe, Sally Yates, Dana Boente, and Rod Rosenstein.
– The FBI authorized payments to Steele for work on the dossier. The FBI terminated its agreement with Steele in late October when it learned, by reading an article in Mother Jones, that Steele was talking to the media.
Trending: Kamala Harris Suddenly Looks Very Different – Did She Have Plastic Surgery? (VIDEO)
– The political origins of the Steele dossier were known to senior DOJ and FBI officials, but excluded from the FISA applications.
You can read the whole thing below:
FISA memo: Full text by Washington Examiner on Scribd
Join the conversation!
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please hover over that comment, click the ∨ icon, and mark it as spam. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.