When it comes to voting irregularities in the 2020 election, Georgia is a hot spot.
The Trump campaign has certainly seen enough to take legal action.
They just filed a lawsuit to overturn the state’s election results.
Trump Campaign Files Lawsuit in Georgia to Overturn Result
President Donald Trump has filed suit in Georgia claiming the election process was filled with “significant systemic misconduct, fraud and other irregularities” resulting in “many thousands of illegal votes” being cast and counted.
The suit was filed in Georgia on Friday on behalf of Trump and David Shafer, a presidential elector pledged to the president. The suit named Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger and a slew of local elections officials.
These are the main claims in the lawsuit:
– The election code mandates that those wishing to vote by absentee ballots may apply for a mail-in ballot “not more than 180 days” prior to the election. But it alleges the officials permitted at least 305,701 people to illegally vote who applied for absentee ballots more than 180 days prior to the election and then improperly counted the illegal votes.
Trending: FLASHBACK: Trump Received Award In 1986 Alongside Rosa Parks For Helping Inner City Youth
– Officials allowed at least 92 individuals to vote whose absentee ballots, according to state records, were returned and accepted prior to that individual requesting an absentee ballot.
– The officials mailed at least 2,664 absentee ballots to individuals prior to the earliest date permitted by law.
– Respondents unlawfully adopted standards to be followed by the clerks and registrars in processing absentee ballots inconsistent with the election code.
– Despite the legal requirement for signature matching and voter identity verification, the respondents failed to ensure that such obligations were followed by election officials.
Trump is right to fight this.
TRUMP CAMPAIGN FILES ELECTION CONTEST IN GEORGIA https://t.co/HmtacdyWw5
— Trump War Room (@TrumpWarRoom) December 4, 2020
Speaking of Georgia, Trump will be there on Saturday night.
See you tomorrow night at 7PM, Valdosta, Georgia! https://t.co/Or9WioLiVk
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 4, 2020
We will post video once it’s available.
Join the conversation!
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please hover over that comment, click the ∨ icon, and mark it as spam. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.