While Democrats can’t talk about anything but January 6th, Donald Trump is offering real ideas to help Americans.
At the America First Summit in Washington, DC this week, Trump outlined a list of over 40 policy proposals to improve life in the United States.
The list is packed with common sense ideas.
From Breitbart News:
1. The prepared remarks first emphasized the importance of supporting police departments throughout the country and fostering a culture that respects law enforcement. “We have to give our police back their authority, resources, power, and prestige. Leave our police alone. Let them do their job. Give them back their RESPECT. They know what to do. We have to allow them to do it,” Trump’s plan said.
2. On top of giving officers the tools they need to succeed, Trump’s policy proposal called for the restitution of “stop-and-frisk policies in cities,” adding that it is imperative guns are taken from criminals. “If you are a convicted felon and you have a gun, you’re off the streets,” the proposal asserts.
3. Trump also proposed strengthening “qualified immunity and other protections for our police officers.”
4. He further called on the next set of Washington, DC, lawmakers, who take office in January, to make emergency funds available for the hiring of police officers across the nation, as many departments face staffing issues. “We need the largest increase in the hiring of police officers in American HISTORY——to get more police on the streets than EVER before, walking every beat,” the prepared remarks said.
5. The 45th president also advocated for a joint violence crime task force headed by both the Department and Justice and the Department of Homeland Security, which would focus on “destroying” gang organizations and imposing “severe penalties.”
6. With the nationwide drug epidemic that is claiming the lives of Americans on daily basis, Trump’s plan would crack down on drug “dealers, traffickers, and narco-terrorists,” and emphasizes that traffickers should “receive the death penalty.”
7. As lax bail laws and soft-on-crime policies have proceeded lawlessness in many states and metro areas, Trump asserted that the federal government intervenes when “Radical Democrat politicians” will not:
– If Radical Democrat politicians at the state and local level REFUSE to protect public safety and instead turn criminals loose to prey upon the innocent, then the federal government will have NO CHOICE but to step in. Under these circumstances, the federal government has not just a right, but a DUTY, to use every tool, authority, and Constitutional power at its disposal to defend our citizens.
You can read the whole list here.
Trump is offering real solutions to real problems.
When was the last time the Democrats did that?